Unlock the Door to a Safer Digital World for Your Little Ones
Online Safety for Parents of Children Aged 4-7
Do you feel overwhelmed by the rapid pace of technology, wondering how to keep your little one safe online? Worried about the risk of them seeing something in appropriate or harmful online – you are not alone!
Today, a simple swipe can expose our children to the entire world, the good, the bad and the ugly. For parents of younger children it can be hard to know when to start talking to your child about online safety and risks, and how to do it in an age appropriate way that will get the message through but not scare them – after all tech is here to stay and there are some great opportunities to be had. Not all screen time is equal!
Just as we teach them how to cross the road, get dressed and to read and write – we must also be teaching them how to explore, learn and grow in a safe and healthy environment online – digital life skills!
Children aged 4-7 are curious explorers. They are at a stage where their world is expanding and so is their exposure to digital devices. This age is crucial for laying the foundations of safe digital habits.
This course delivers a realistic and practical route for you to connect with, guide and educate your child, whilst putting in clear boundaries to support your approach.
Over 5 interactive training sessions, I will walk with you, step by step, through the essential measures and priorities to safeguard your child’s time online and prepare them for further exposure as they grow up.
Your Roadmap to Digital Safety
Session 1: Understanding the Digital Landscape for 4-7 Year Olds
- What are young children seeing & doing online today?
Session 2: Setting Up a Safe Digital Environment
- Practical Tools: Setting up parental controls and safe search filters.
- Creating a Child-Friendly Digital Space: Choosing age-appropriate apps and websites.
Session 3: Protecting your Child’s data and privacy online
Session 4: YouTube & YouTube Kids – What Parent’s need to know
Session 5: Managing Screentime and Setting Boundaries Summary & next steps
Why Choose Our Course?
The Screen-Safe Advantage
- Expert-Led Sessions: As a dedicated professional in online child safety, I bring a wealth of knowledge, experience, and passion to each session in an non- judgemental way – I am a parent myself so I am in the thick of this with you!
- Ease of Access: All modules are available to watch or listen. You will get access to a private podcast feed for all the content – as a busy parent myself I know how important it is to be able to access content so that you can actually get through it!
- Tailored Content: The course material is specifically designed for parents of children aged 4-7, making it highly relevant and practical.
- Community Support: Join a community of like-minded parents, share experiences, and grow together. This will be launching in early 2024 and you will be the first to know as soon as it’s ready.
- Ongoing Resources: Gain access to a treasure trove of resources, tools, and updates even after the course ends. I’m here for the long haul! This is an ever changing space, both our children and the tech available changes quicker than we can keep up with – I’m here to help you stay ahead.
Who Is This Course For?
This course is a beacon for parents who:
- Feel overwhelmed, frustrated or out of touch with the challenges of digital parenting.
- Seek practical, realistic & easy-to-implement strategies for online safety.
- Desire to build a strong foundation of digital literacy for their young children.
- Are committed to being proactive in their child’s digital education.
Frequently Asked Questions
You could binge through the whole course in under 2 hours. But you have the option to stop and start as fits in with you. With a private podcast feed available you can catch up in the car, on a walk of whenever suits you. Each module is broken down and range from 10 minutes to 30. Easy to fit in around busy schedules and repeat as often as you wish.
It is lifetime access. No time limits or pressure on you.
Absolutely! It is never too early to get yourself up to speed and be ready to prepare your child for the online world. One of my main goals with Screensafe is to move parents away from reactive online safety ( panic mode when something goes wrong) into getting ahead and staying informed so they can be the best form on online safety for their children.
I’d recommend starting with the youngest – several of the key topics will over lap such as parental controls data privacy. You can the build from there. If you have a particular concern, such as cyberbullying or screentime then feel free to reach out to me with a brief overview of the age of your child and concern and I can direct you to the most useful resources.