Navigate Your Child's Digital World with Confidence:
An Online Course for Parents & Carers of
8-12 Year Olds
Bridging the Digital Gap
Got a Tech loving Tween in your house? The ‘Tween’ age (8-12) is a crucial time to be talking to your child about online safety. It’s when they become more curious, have more unsupervised access to the internet and for many get their first phone. But, for many Parents, knowing where, when or how to start is no easy feat!
I’m going to help you do just that. With this course you will get a better understanding of their online world, know the risks of the different platforms and how to set them up for a safe and healthy online experience. We’ll cover:
- Social Media – Snapchat, TikTok & WhatsApp
- Protecting your child’s data & privacy online
- Making friends online – who is your child talking to and the steps to keep them safer
And SO MUCH MORE!
Why This Course Is Needed
I believe this is one of the most important, yet overlooked, ages to be talking about online safety.
Hormones are kicking in and bodies are changing. Comparison against others and insecurities can start to creep in. Tweens often start to become much more influenced by and bothered about their peers’
views, actions and reactions.
It’s often when we see an increase in unsupervised access to the online world, either at home or with friends, who may have unrestricted access online.
This is the most common age bracket for getting their first Smartphone and with that comes a whole new level of exposure.
This course is for you if…..
- You’re struggling to keep up with your child’s increasing digital knowledge, requests or feel like you’re already losing them to a screen.
- You’re concerned about your child’s exposure to harmful content and interactions online.
- You want to establish healthy online habits and behaviour for your family
- You feel overwhelmed by the parental controls and different apps, games and social media your child could be using.
- You’re ready to be proactive in your child’s digital education and safety.
- You have a child with WIFI access!
What you’ll get:
- Targeted Expertise: Gain insights specifically relevant to the challenges and milestones of the 8-12 age group.
- No Judgement Zone! Whatever you have or haven’t done – we can start together from here and keep your child safer online.
- Flexible Learning: Sessions are available to watch online or listen to all the content on a private podcast feed in bite size chunks.
- Practical Applications: Receive actionable advice and tools that you can immediately implement at home.
- Community Support: Connect with other parents navigating the same journey and share experiences and solutions.
Frequently Asked Questions
You could binge through the whole course in under 2 hours. But you have the option to stop and start as fits in with you. With a private podcast feed available you can catch up in the car, on a walk of whenever suits you. Each module is broken down and range from 10 minutes to 30. Easy to fit in around busy schedules and repeat as often as you wish.
It is lifetime access. No time limits or pressure on you.
Absolutely! It is never too early to get yourself up to speed and be ready to prepare your child for the online world. One of my main goals with Screensafe is to move parents away from reactive online safety ( panic mode when something goes wrong) into getting ahead and staying informed so they can be the best form on online safety for their children.
I’d recommend starting with the youngest – several of the key topics will over lap such as parental controls data privacy. You can the build from there. If you have a particular concern, such as cyberbullying or screentime then feel free to reach out to me with a brief overview of the age of your child and concern and I can direct you to the most useful resources.